Courage and Honor

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Future

      Well there is no rest for the weary now is there? I have two more tournaments on the books and several hobby projects to complete this year. So lets see, I will list out the my future plan project by project.



TipCon: This is a small tournament in Indiana that I went to last year and had a really fun time. It is a light field and well run tournament, that I find rather relaxing, and reminds me of the good old rouge trader tournament of old. I am doing nothing fancy, and will be running my Dark Eldar there, so all I really need to do I create a list and take pictures.

Nova Open: This is another  massive gaming tournament in Washington DC, in late August. I attended last year, and it was really fun. For the tournament I have decided to jump on the band wagon and do Grey Knights, but not the spam list we are seeing now. I have had Grey Knights since the day of rouge trader, and just love them, so wanted to do an army. I have created a list that uses all Grey Knights, and utilizes close but heavy fire power, I will begin featuring them in future post soon. That said I have to completely assemble and paint this army. My buddy, Brian Carlson (who is also doing grey knights) and I have found a paint scheme to base the paint scheme on, and are ready to begin. Okay to be fair we already have, assembly that is. This is my number one project.

Ogres: Several years ago I started an ogre army that has a complete Zulu them, lots of spears, fur, and bucklers in this army, aka lots of conversions. The army has several components done and in various stages, but with the new book out, I want to get them finished up. this has second priority to Grey Knights.

Empire and Terrain: If I manage to stick to my timeline, I may be able to get  the terrain and empire built that I have. My empire army is built and painted, I just need to build some new units to come up to speed with the new book. I don't plan on painting the new units for sometime, but want to play with them. And Terrain is always a need, I have lots to build and will get through it slowly, but I have a vision for several tables. These are wishlist items for me

The Manufactorum: This is going to be a great project, lets just say metal gods of war will walk to battle in my gaming room, or maybe yours. To be realistic, this is most probably a next year project, and will take sometime. I'm still excited about it though

Well that sums up the to do list for the next little bit, I am off to work on Grey Knights now, stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment