Courage and Honor

Friday, September 23, 2011

Beasts in the making


Over the last few months I have been working on a beast master pack to run with my Dark Eldar Army. Now I could have gone out and bought the beast creatures from Games Workshop, and although they are great models, they are expensive, and would not be unique to my army. So I have taken it upon myself to create my own beasts for my army. I have a couple other gaming buddies who have been up to the same thing, so we have been, and are, comparing notes on a regular basis to help collaborate ideas for this project.

I plan on running a large beast pack of 4 beast masters, 5 Khymera, and 6 Razorwing models. So far, I have almost finished my my Khymera models. I used the plastic chaos warhound kit, and a plastic hormogaunt kit for this group. As you will see I created mandibles around the mouth, and used the scything talons for big grabbing claws. I tried to used the art work form the codex as my guide, and so any opponents I play know what they are. I will post a finished pic when done.


2 comments:

  1. I really like how they turned out, nicely done. I took the easy way and just painted them stock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks pretty gnarly Jeff. Nice Conversion dude.

    ReplyDelete