Courage and Honor

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Nova (recap)


What a great event! The Nova Open is a two day, eight game tournament, and It was one of the best events I have been to; ever! I have to start by pointing out, the person I was going with, and myself were in much debate whether we should make the trip, as the weekend of the tournament was also the weekend of Hurricane Irene, go figure. We decided to make the trip and could not have been happier. Hurricane Irene became a tropical storm, and was not a major issue. Now to the recap.
Here is my army on display at the Nova:
Not the best of pictures but you get the general gist of what I brought. I went four for four on the weekend. I probably could have done better but my dice failed in the end, isn't that what we all say? My list was designed as a all comers list, and that really showed in the tournament, As I did not overwhelm anyone, and vise versa. My list comprised of the following:

  • Term Librarian
  • 5 thunder hammer & storm termies w/ Land Raider Redeemer
  • 10 man tac squad, w/ las cannon, flamer, pwr weapon, las plas Razorback.
  • 10 man tac squad, w/ Missile launcher, melta gun, pwr weapon, las plas Razorback.
  • 2 5 man scout squads w/ sniper rifles & a heavy bolter.
  • 3 attack bikes w/ heavy bolters
  • 2 attack bike w/ multi meltas
  • Landspeeder typhoon w/multi melta
  • 2 thunderfire Cannons
  • Vindicator
Over all I was very please with the list. It was capable handling every opponent I came upon. I will save you the play by play of each game, but I played the following lists in this order.

  • Blood Angles ( I lose in bottom of 6th turn)
  • Dark Eldar ( I lose in bottom of 4th turn)
  • Necrons ( I win in 4th turn; phase out)
  • Ultramarines ( I win in bottom of 7th)
  • Tryanids ( I win bottom of 6th)
  • Guard ( I win bottom of 6th)
  • Space Marines (I Lose. My dice hate me, lol)
  • Dark Eldar ( I lose by 21 points bottom of 6th)
Everyone of my opponents was great, in fact I did not find a single poor sport in the tournament, everyone was having a great time. the organizers did a great job with prize support, and going around talking with everyone, you could tell they truly cared how all were doing.

1 comment:

  1. Attaboy, way to post some articles! Get on the article train. Hey, how do you "will" games? If you wish very hard to win, does it work? Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete