Courage and Honor

Thursday, April 30, 2020


The Return of My Blog


As Robute Gulliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines - sat in a stasis field for ten millennia slowly healing from his wounds taken at the hands of his brother, only to rise again and lead his forces to greatness; so too has my blog sat, waiting for the time to be resurrected from stasis and deliver hobby glory to all. With the Unfortunate world events of the Corona Virus and ensuing lockdown, I have been guided back to my hobby and blog! While gaming and hobby have never really stopped, I have felt the urge again to start to document my hobby.



Welcome to the return!!!

I have and will always be a die-hard Ultramarines player. I began Ultramarines the day they posted in a White Dwarf many decades ago. They appeal to me and I have stuck with them through the decades. So much so, that at one point I could field the entire chapter of painted marines… yes, that is a lot. Well since that time we have seen the rise of Primaris Marines, the rebirth of Marnius, Tigurius, and Robute Gulliman himself! My chapter is a little out of date now. I have given myself a goal to see if I can bring it about again, as well as get a few other armies I have completed…… So let's
take a journey and see what happens.

I plan to make a post at least once a week, and while they may not always be on Ultramarines, it will always get to share some hobby with you. So without further rambling, let's get to it. I have chosen to renew my blog with none other than Robby G himself. I hope you enjoy.
























































The progressive journey 





A quick peek of wear we started - Robute sat in this stasis form for quite some time. saw the battlefield for a time, then went into the stasis.







Day 1 - I began picking out detail and figure out what I wanted to do. Macrage blue basecoat, Warplock Bronze base on ALL metal trim (So Much), Grey Seer on white areas, pink then read on bolter, base on purity seals and banners



Day 2 - More detail lower half working up the bolter arm. Contrast paint on eagle and sword, Calgar blue highlights, Retributor gold on All trim (so much)


 Day 3 -  Worked the bolter arm and chest eagle. I toyed with the colors on the gauntlet and had the helmet the same color for a time. I did not care for the helmet being that light so went blue again. Really happy with the progress so far.



 Day 4 - Finished him off!! the sword, the shoulder pad, all open details







 DAY 5 - Mounting to base. I forgot to take pics of the base in progress






Thanks for reading. stay tuned for next week. Primaris Veteran squad









No comments:

Post a Comment