Courage and Honor

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dark Eldar



With the Nova Open said and done, it is time to turn my full attention to my next big event, Adepticon 2012. This year I am being really ambitious and have joined a 40k team, " The Chicago Kamikazes"; You can check out the blog here http://chicagokamikazes.blogspot.com/. This is an eight man team, that will create two four man teams for the team tournament at Adepticon this year. I am also going to probably play in the 40k championship as well this year, in both events I plan on running Dark Eldar......


The Dark Eldar are a very different army than I am used to playing (Space Marines), but I really excited fort he challenge. I have been testing out units and list with my teammates for a couple of months now, and I think I have a basic feel for the army; Well see right.....
To kick things off I am posting up a Dark Eldar warrior test model so everyone can get a feel for the upcoming army, and as I am seeing, I need to get closer to take my pictures, but this gives you a feel.






As you can see I have gone with a green for the armor with lighter green highlights, with a yellowish gun, I use a light grey to break up the model and give it some definition. I am pretty happy with the test model, now to see how a unit looks, and do some test bases. The paint Pallet is as follows:
  • Knarloc Green for armor
  • Camo Green first highlight
  • Rotting Flesh final highlight
  • Iyanden Darksun for Gun
  • Macharious Solar Orange fro the gems
  • Astronomican grey for helmet and tabard
  • White highlight on grey.
  • Thraka Green wash on armor (60 water/ 40 wash)

So far it has been a easy paint scheme, and I have on my painting table the rest of the unit and there vehicle to finish this week. I will update when done. On top of painting my new army we as a team are also building a very elaborate display table, that's right table, to display our entire team armies on. I have to say we have just begun building the frame work of the table and it is really exciting, but I will save the details for the next post, with some good pictures as well. Stay tuned...





1 comment:

  1. Jeff, it looks really good, but the picture is small so I'm having a hard time seeing the detail.

    ReplyDelete