Courage and Honor

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beasts, Beasts everywhere

This unit is by far one of my favorites in the army, and I ran two of them. Introducing the almighty beast packs. This unit is comprised of 3 beast masters, 3 Kymera, and 4 razorwing flocks. each pack comes with 24 rending hits on the charge, the ability to survive las cannon shots with the Kymera invulnerable save, and can reach out and touch someone asap with a move, run, and 12 inch charge.  There role is to engaged. kill, and distract. Most of the time both packs would be held in reserve and enter the game via a webway giving them even better strike range.
 These unit where also the most time consuming for me to complete, I converted the Kymera from plastic warhounds, and hormagaunts, the razorwings are flying ripper swarms from forge world ( they just look better than the lame birds GW has for the flock now), and the beast master are a mix of cold one riders and Dark Eldar warrior bits. This was a great project for me and I could not be happier with the final outcome. Many thanks to Brian Carlson for help with the concepts.

























No comments:

Post a Comment