Courage and Honor

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The big guy!

Howdy all, Well these are the two HQ choices I have been testing for my trip to the NOVA open. First up we have a Space Marine librarian, and second a Master of the forge.  their role is to drop with my shock and awe units and support them in their destructive role. Now I have been partial to the librarian, due to his psychics and force weapon, but with play testing in sixth, it has been really easy to shut down the powers, and not being able to assault first turn usually see's him withering on the ground dead! After a lengthy conversation with my friend and  gaming buddy Brian Carlson http://briancarlsonminiatures.blogspot.com/, we decided on a fellow that costs the same and gives me a little more staying power. Enter the Master of the Forge, with a 2+ save, twin linked plasma pistol, flamer, and two powerfist attacks, he is more than up for the task of causing problems. Backed by the fact he can bolster defense's and repair vehicles ( My army is all mech at this point), he is not a bad swap for the same price. After a couple of play test games, he has been a major problem for my oppenents, way more than the librarian. Sooooo, for the NOVA open The master of the Forge shall make his presence felt! Enjoy the pics. 

Both Warlords



Librarian

Librarian

Librarian

Librarian

Master of the Forge

Master of the Forge

Master of the Forge

Master of the Forge

Master of the Forge


1 comment: