Courage and Honor

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nova Open Crunch Time


Howdy all,
So it has been a little while since I have put up a post on my blog. I need to focus on it more. I wanted to take sometime to share what I have been working over the past couple months. The Nova Open in Washington DC, is an eight round tournament over two days. It sounds like a blast and I am going. It has been my main focus for the past bit, and I can't wait to get there.
I will be taking my Ultramarine's army for this event, and I am sad to say this may be the last tournament the boys in blue see for awhile. There are many Dark Eldar in the works in preparation for Adepticon, more on the later. The Nova open is a 2000 point tournament and I will be taking the following:

Terminator Librarian: Storm shield & force weapon. Psychic powers are null zone and vortex of doom.

Terminator assault Squad: All thunder hammer & Storm Shield w/ land raider redeemer transport. redeemer has Multi melta.

Tactical squad: 10 strong, melta, multi melta, power weapon w/ razorback transport. Razorback has las plas, extra armour, and dozerblade.

Tactical squad: 10 strong, flamer, las cannon, power weapon w/ razorback transport. Razorback has las plas, extra armour, and dozerblade.

Scout Squad: 5 strong, heavy bolter, and sniper rifles.

Scout Squad: 5 strong, heavy bolter, and sniper rifles.

Attack Bike squad: 2 bikes w/multi melta

Attack bike squad: 3 bikes w/ heavy bolters

Landspeeder Typhoon: Multi melta, and typhoon launcher.

Thunderfire cannon

Thunderfire cannon

Vindicator w/siege shield

Well that's the list. I am testing it out in a Nova prep tournament this weekend at the Chicago Battle bunker to see how it rolls. I have has good luck with several elements of the army in the past, lets see how it works all together.
I personally am looking forward to running the 3 attack bikes with all heavy bolters. I have never run a squad like this, but a good friend of mine, who I game with, swears by them. You should check out his blog http://briancarlsonminiatures.blogspot.com/ as well he is going to the Nova as well and his stuff is dope.
I still have a few thing to finish, but its crunch time, so I gotten get it done. I still need to finish the following:

2 attack bikes (need painting)
1 razorback (detailing)
All the little things:
  • Fancy army list
  • display board ( just a little paint)
  • a couple of markers.
Well that's it for now, lets see hoe the army does this weekend, keep your figures crossed.

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea. You should paint your army yellow and run them as Imperial Fists! Good luck busting out some painting, we have a lot to do before next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did Nova go? Kidding... just waiting for your recap post!

    ReplyDelete